SDA runs competitions throughout the year for our members. They are free to enter. Check below to see what competitions are currently running.
2020 Education Assistance
For more than 36 years, the SDA has been providing educational assistance for SDA members and their families.
Education Assistance can be used to purchase textbooks and stationery as well as e-books prescribed in school booklists and other supplies. *Course fees and student union fees are excluded.
With the ever-increasing cost of education, and the need for higher qualifications, this assistance is now more important than ever.
Your chances of winning are excellent – no work; just enter and you could win!
Education costs continue to rise for our members, and these costs occur throughout the year. For these reasons, the Union believes that it is important to continue our support for the educational needs of members and their families.
Our education assistance payments are now worth $150 each, making a significant contribution to your school requisites.
Conditions of Entry:
- You must be a financial member of the SDA or the child or grandchild of a financial member of the SDA
- Student must be studying at any Secondary College in Years 10, 11 or 12 in 2020, or enrolled in any course at any Tertiary Institution in 2020.
- The $150 payment can be used to purchase education supplies, including textbooks, stationary, e-books or other supplies*.
- Proof of purchase must be provided (photocopies of invoices or receipts are acceptable).
- Secondary and Tertiary scholarship students may purchase their supplies from any source and pay for the goods first, then send the claim form with proof of purchase to the SDA.
- Only one application per student will be accepted.
- Maximum of one(1) assistance payment only will be awarded to each winner.
- Maximum of one(1) assistance payment only will be awarded per SDA member (i.e.only for the member or one of their children or grandchildren).
- SDA employees are ineligible to enter
- Course fees and student union fees are excluded. The SDA’s decision as to what constitutes education supplies shall be final.
- Entries that don't specify (a)the name of the student, (b)the student’s College or University, (c)the students course and (d)the students relationship to the member, will not be eligible to win a scholarship.
- By entering you acknowledge that your entry will be subject to a ballot conducted by the State Council of the SDA and I hereby agree to accept as final the result of such ballot.
- The ballot will be conducted after the close of applications.
- Winners will be notified by mail as soon as possible after the ballot.
- All scholarship winners should redeem their Secondary scholarship by February 2022 and a Tertiary scholarship should be redeemed by mid 2022 if possible.